Bring On The Swifty


I’m old. Staying up late is really hard to do and I don’t own a PVR (DVR)...I know, crazy right? It’s like I’m living under a rock. So that meant I needed to stay up long past my bedtime to watch Taylor Swift host Saturday Night Live last night. Ever since that whole MTV/Kanye West debacle I’ve become a fan of little miss Swifty. She has one of the best personalities in the business, so I’ve decided I like her and I want to see her do well out there.

If I was 19 again and could choose to trade places with one “celebrity” I would probably pick her. Her wardrobe is beyond fantastic. I would do pretty much anything to go tradsies on outfits with her and raid her closet. I’ve never ever been one to share clothes…but I would with her. In interviews she comes across as funny, sweet, a little humble, mixed with some nerves…she’s real. She writes lyrics that are real. Every time I hear one of her songs for the first time I get goose bumps because I remember the exact point in my life when I went through the same thing. People can relate to her.

That’s why we need more role models like Taylor Swift. Whenever she wins an award or is honored with something she never does that annoying…”Thank you God” crap a la Miley Cyrus. She thanks her friends, family and fans. She has had an active MySpace account since the beginning and is committed to staying connected with her fans through video postings and twitter updates and she never goes off on crazy rants. Maybe that’s because she is highly censored by handlers or she’s just not crazy…as in she’s normal. I would bet she’s normal.

Back to her gig on SNL. The opening monologue was superb. She used what she had, musical talent mixed with life experienced. Telling Joe Jonas to suck it was just about the best thing that ever happened to the tween world. Loved the fact that she didn't directly comment about her co-Taylor relationship, she simply blew a kiss into the camera and gave a little wave. Let the over analyzing and teen fantasizing begin. If you haven’t seen it, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InehgXYKbg0
Her personality definitely came out from the get go in that monologue and set her into a comfort zone for the rest of the night. Taylor did double duty on SNL as she was also the musical talent. Her live performance act was great and made me what to see her in concert someday.

I hope Taylor stays around for a long time to come. The good news is that all signs are pointing in that direction. We just need to make sure she doesn’t pull a crazy like Spears or Lohan. We cannot let that happen to her. She’s one of the good ones; we need to keep it that way.

This one is my favorite at the moment and the video is so cute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw9QMSl9Xic

Follow Taylor on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/TaylorSWift13

Comments

  1. At least she's better than Miley Cyrus, I just heard Party in the USA on the radio and it sounded like the Chipmunks got a fourth member! Talk about overproduction in the studio.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug