A Catchy Tune by Elliott Brood


I do this all the time. I hear a new song, decide whether or not I like it and if I do, I listen to it over and over again pretty much until I get sick of it. This is no different.

Last night I was on the sofa finishing up my book when Will turned the stereo on. The song that played was really catchy and fun...the kind that instantly puts you in a good mood. You know the times when you hear a song and you immediately get a smile on your face because it just makes you feel great about life? This is one of those songs. It’s called The Valley Town by Elliott Brood. I can totally picture this song at the end of a movie, closing scene, where the guy gets the girl or figures out the big conundrum in his life and as he's driving off into the sunset in a sweet vintage car this song starts playing. Ya, that sounds about right.

A good friend of ours sent the youtube link to Will saying that he might like it and that he just spent the evening at a bar with these guys while visiting North Carolina. Very Cool. Why doesn’t cool stuff like that ever happen to me? My dream run in? Oh that’s easy. I’m walking down the street, bump into Caleb and the boys from Kings of Leon and after some chit chat and light banter they tell me how cool they think I am and say…”you know what? You should be in our next video.” Yup…that would be my dream run in.

Moving on….

Since I haven’t heard of Elliott Brood before, I did some quick research on them and this is the short version of what I found out. Elliott Brood is a three-piece alternative country band from Toronto and their instruments of choice are the guitar, banjo, ukulele and the harmonica…sounds fun right…well it is.

Here is the link to the song that I’m talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfjq4F5nTWc&NR=1

Turn your speakers way up. Have some fun with it.

They are currently touring around. Check out their site for details:http://www.elliottbrood.ca/News.shtml

Comments

  1. No kidding, last time I went to the bar I was hanging out with my postman. Nice guy but no Caleb...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shit I just pissed my pants a little -- that first comment is so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug