Designer Shades


I never cared much for designer sunglasses. I mean, I thought they were cool, and would love to have them, but I could never bring myself to spending the money on them. Instead I would settle for the cheaper knock off versions, knowing I would scratch the hell out of the lenses, break off the arms, lose the screws and eventually forget them somewhere anyway. Last year I decided I was old enough to take on the responsibility of having a nice pair of sunglasses and realized that maybe I let my former sunglasses engage in such battle wounds because I always saw them as easy causalities. I figured they were cheap to begin with so who cares. Terrible on my part, I know. Anyhow, I got the idea in my mind that I wanted designer sunglasses and when I get an idea in my head I basically obsess about it until I get it or accomplish it. It’s part of the whole ‘type A’ personality thing. At times it can be ridiculous and exhausting but for the most part I’m left with a feeling a satisfaction. I run off the whole ‘goal must be achieved’ notion. Wow, that digression was rather deviated wasn’t it?

Back to the sunglasses. I went to the sunglass store last spring and made the big step to purchase my very first pair of designer sunglasses. They were brown (actually I think they call the color tortoise) Dolce and Gabana’s. Very glam. Loved them. I should have been satisfied, right? Wrong. Instead I just wanted more. I wanted a cool, funky pair and a trendy pair and a sporty pair. Naturally I became obsessed with checking out designs, colors, brands – imagining which ones I would buy if I had a money tree in my back yard. This built up for about a month and I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get myself another pair. This time they would be Red framed Ray Ban Wayfarers. Shit they are cool. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Instead of getting them from the sunglass store, I went to my optometrist and they ordered them for me for considerably less cash.

I’ve let my sunglass obsession brew for a few months now and it’s almost to the point where I can’t take it anymore. I have the next pair in sight. I know what I want. I dream about these sunglasses. Honestly. Giant pairs of them chase me in my dreams screaming, “buy me, try me on, we’ll look so good on you.” I think it’s time to give in again. This time I want silver Ray Ban Aviators. The small ones. The big lenses make me look like a cricket or something. I don’t know. I think I have a small face.

Anyway, I found a sunglass store outlet and hopefully I can pick them up at a decent discount. To go along with the sunglasses I plan on picking up a black bikini then setting myself down on the beach in Maui. Yes Aviator sunglasses, you do look good on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug