Sometimes I Pretend To Be a Rock Star


I have a split personality when it comes to my wardrobe. One side of me reflects the office fashion which basically makes me a walking advertisement for places like Banana Republic and Mexx. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love the classy business look. Sometimes classy attire screams “this bitch means business”. I love having that kind of power based on the outfit I wear. It’s so liberating. I started in the business that I’m in pretty young so I really felt the need to dress older so people would take me seriously. Isn’t that horrible? There are so many stereotypes out there. Just because you’re young it doesn’t mean you don’t know what you’re talking about. Sure, we don’t have the years of experience that seasoned veterans have, but we have amazing fresh new ideas and we aren’t afraid to take risks. We’re young, we still have time to mess up and make up for it.

The other side of me, which is the side I wish I could be all of the time, is the rocker chick. This girl comes out on weekends or on holidays and sometimes only in my head. Skinny jeans with a vintage T, throw on a sweet pair of ray-bans and you’re there. I have built up this whole “cool” person in my mind. She is in a band, plays the guitar and is an amazing singer, naturally. She has play dates with the who’s who of Hollywood and gets invited to everything imaginable. She’s kind and generous. She makes her own decisions and never lets anyone tell her what to do or how to represent herself. She’s a trendsetter, a free thinker and everyone wants to be her friend. Either I have an incredible imagination for someone that is no longer a child, or I’m completely delusional. I like to think it’s more of a great imagination thing. I think everyone pretends to be something they're not, even if it’s only in your mind. Being someone else let’s you cross your own boundaries…gives you the confidence to do things that people wouldn’t expect you to do. Kind of like when Clark Kent turns into Superman. It’s all about the red cape.

The picture above is of a pair of Steve Madden boots (called Buck) that I purchased over the weekend. They are so cool..wait, no, cool isn’t the word. Cool is the word a mom uses to describe them. They’re bitchn’…ah, much better. Check out the Steve Madden Website here: http://www.stevemadden.com/category.aspx?id=127

Try something new and introduce yourself to another side of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug