My New Favorite Thing - Reading Movie Scripts


A few days ago I tweeted (www.twitter.com/charleewith2es) about a blog I found one night while surfing the web. It was called ScriptShadow. I can’t remember exactly how I stumbled upon it, but I’m so happy that I did. I love movies…no, really….I LOVE movies. I watch a couple movies a week. It’s my favorite thing to do. I can’t deal with movie talkers. You know those people that talk during a movie or ask questions. No asking questions…just watch! I love getting lost in a movie. I love the feeling you get when you are really into a movie or the characters. I’ll watch a movie several times over just to get that feeling again. Some people don’t understand the point to that. In their mind, you’ve seen it once already, you know what’s going to happen, why watch it again? But that’s me. When I find something I really like I almost become obsessed with it. I’ll do everything to learn more about it…throwing myself into information overload. I can’t help it. I do it with everything. If I hear a new song that I love I’ll listen to it on repeat over and over again until I know all of the words. Eventually I’ll make myself sick of that song and find a new favorite song.

So I was browsing this ScriptShadow blog and started reviewing his “top 25 picks” for scripts out there. Some of these scripts are being made into movies and others haven’t been purchased yet. His top pick is a script titled “Source Code” by Ben Ripley which hasn’t yet been purchased by a studio. ScriptShadow was raving about this script, going off about how good it was. It’s listed under Sci-Fi – and the quick description goes like this - A man wakes up on a train that is being targeted by terrorists, a train that has already blown up hours ago. That got my interest, so I thought…well, I’ll give it a go. So I downloaded the script, yes you can download scripts from this blog…amazing find, I know, and started reading. I was hooked by page 3 and didn’t move from the sofa for one hour and 25 minutes (the length of time it took me to read the entire 121 page script). It was awesome. I loved it. I’ve never read a script before so I wasn’t sure how I was going to be able to visualize everything going on. In a book there is so much description making you feel like you have been transported onto the page. Well, while reading this script I found myself completed lost within the story.

I downloaded another script to read tonight called “Salt”, another thriller type. I think that this has become my new favorite thing. If you think it’s something you’ll enjoy, check out www.scriptshadow.blogspot.com.

Comments

  1. i get you on the movie thing...the Family Stone is my movie of choice...one i watch over and over, and can never get sick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the "Remember Me" blog entry. I am intrigued with the supposed twist at the end of the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug