It's Saturday Night and I'm Almost Famous


It’s Saturday night and my only plan is to sit on the couch and veg. I turn the TV on, start going through the program guide, nothing, nothing, nothing…oh, “Almost Famous, “ I love that movie, I think I’ll stay put and watch it. Kate Hudson is great in this movie, isn’t she? She played the ultimate band aid. I wonder if “band aids” still exist. Do they still follow the bands around from city to city, partying with them, watching the concert from the side stage night after night? Imagine getting to do that. Even just for one week. Back in the day they were groupies, totally acceptable to the scene. People that follow bands around now from city to city have a new name….stalkers.

The plot of the movie as described by IMDB goes like this: William Miller is a 15 year old kid, hired by Rolling Stone magazine to tour with, and write about Stillwater, an up and coming rock band. Can you imagine if that kid was you? Like holy shit. Going on the road with your favorite rock band to write a story about them in Rolling Stone…that kid is legendary. I like to think that it would be the coolest thing in the world, but it would take a lot of guts to do it. I mean interviewing rock idols...that would be beyond intimidating. Do you play it cool and act like their awesomeness doesn't faze you, or do you fall all over them with compliments repeating the words "Oh my god, you're amazing". Hard to say..I guess you'd have to be in the situation to really know how you'd act. When the movie "Titanic" came out I found out that Leonardo DiCaprio was at a hotel in the area I was staying. I didn't think I was one of those girls to freak out over a movie star. I was wrong, horribly, horribly wrong...anyway, that story is for another day.

The thing about this kid is that he never fit in anywhere at any point in his life, but while he’s out on the road with these musicians, band aids and groupies he manages to find his place. He gets the chance to feel “cool” for the first time in his life. For someone that never got to be part of anything, all of the sudden he’s in the middle of it all. It’s his Rock Star moment.

If you haven’t seen Almost Famous, rent it. It’s a fantastic movie that will make you want to be a rock star. If you have already seen Almost Famous, watch it again.

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk0XnyrENrE

And here is the best sing along in the movie:"Tiny Dancer"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU&feature=fvw

Here come the chills...I love sing alongs :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug