My Morning Jacket


Wow, it’s been awhile. Apologies. I have been rather lazy lately, but then this little gem came along and naturally I had this great urge to share it with you. Yes, that’s me, compulsive sharer.

Have you ever heard of the band My Morning Jacket? My music pimp had played them from time to time and I always liked what I heard, but it wasn’t until this weekend that I fell in love. We picked up three of their albums and listened to them all. My favorite is their live album, Okonokos. In the words of Barney Stinson… Legendary. I’m not kidding, I sent one of the songs to my brother and the only thing I said in the email was: “Be prepared to have your life changed!!”

As a side note: Isn’t it great when the person you share your life with enjoys the same kind of music you do? It’s this thing that bonds us together even more than we already are. We have this great passion for great music. I couldn’t imagine it if we didn’t have the same taste when it came to musical artists. There’s nothing better than laying on the couch listening to music without saying a word to each other. Just sitting there appreciating the music…man, that’s a great feeling.

My Morning Jacket is an indie rock band out of Louisville, Kentucky. Notice I said the word Indie. That means, if you like Band of Horses, Iron & Wine, Kings of Leon then you will love this band. When you listen to their music, each track will hit you with a full body blow, immediately finding the beat or the melody then carrying you into the core of it. Your head will bob and your body will rock from the second you press play then lasting long after the album ends. It’s the kind of music that stays with you. You’ll think about the lyrics for hours...maybe days. I could live without television, but don't ever take away my music...EVER!

My favorite song of the moment, which happens to be the favorite song of many people out there, is Wordless Chorus. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMpaFvTOFk

Evil Urges is another great one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv7v7lQ3Gas

Touch Me I’m Going to Scream part II is pretty wicked also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpdwwa7lsUI

You won’t hear these guys on the radio. Why? They are way too cool for the radio. Listen to this band, fall in love with them then share them with everyone else you know. Your cool factor will go way up, even if you’re the only one who notices.

If you’re lucky enough to see them live, DO IT!!!! Check out their tour schedule here: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/gogo/shows/

Rock on my Friends!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug