Yes It's Genius!


I’m writing this blog because I was shocked to learn that so many people out in the world don’t know about the genius application for iTunes. "What the fudge?"

Let me back up a few steps first. Although I’m using a PC to write this blog (I know, blasphemy!), I am 100% without a doubt a Mac addict and have been for as long as I can remember and there are two reasons for this. First, one of my teachers in high school was an early adopter of Mac products and brought his students into the cult at an early age. Once you go Mac you never go back! The second is my husband. We are a happy Mac family.

Apple has done the most amazing job when it comes to building a brand. In fact they are more than a brand they are a culture, a lifestyle, a way of life. Buy an Apple product and coolify your life. The interesting thing about Apple is that its early adopters were rather out of the box, off the wall, not following with social trends type of people. Then the followers of the world wanted to be like them. They too wanted to have fun colored computers and white headphones.

In my opinion the iPhone has been the best personal device created to date. It’s more than a phone it’s a lifeline connecting you to everything imaginable. It’s all you need wrapped up in a 3.5 inch package. I wonder how we lived before the iPhone existed?

Anyway, back to the genius. Here’s how it works. You find a song within your iTunes library, left click on the mouse and find the ‘create genius’ and let it become your musical pimp. It will create a list of songs which will blend perfectly with the song you chose basically giving you the ideal playlist. Hence the name Genius. I tend to fall into the habit of only listening to new songs or new to me songs, and often forget about the old goodies but my genius friend is fantastic for reviving the tunes.

Over the holidays I created a genius list based off of Ben Harper’s Amen Omen (I know, it’s been a few weeks but I’m still loving him). Anyway, this list brought back some old favorites and another revived musical love affair with a different artist. This time it’s David Gray. Always loved David Gray but he would go quiet for a bit and I would forget. Anyway, it’s back on with him.

Here is the partial list Genius came up with which I re-named December Genius Wicked.

1. Amen Omen – Ben Harper
2. Burn One Down – Ben Harper
3. The Horizon Has Been Defeated – Jack Johnson
4. Cheers Darlin’ – Damien Rice
5. Tuolumne – Eddie Vedder
6. Hold You In My Arms – Ray LaMontagne
7. Cry Freedom – Dave Matthews Band
8. Raining In Baltimore – Counting Crows
9. Another Lonely Day – Ben Harper
10. Traffic In The Sky – Jack Johnson
11. Sail Away – David Gray
12. Last Goodbye – Jeff Buckley
13. Come Pick Me Up – Ryan Adams
14. If I Had It All – Ryan Adams
15. Out Loud – Dispatch
16. Older Chests – Damien Rice
17. This Year’s Love – David Gray
18. Orange Sky – Alexi Murdoch
19. Everything – Ben Harper
20. Society – Eddie Vedder
21. If I Could – Jack Johnson
22. See You Soon – Coldplay
23. Let You Down – Dave Matthews Band
24. Perfect Blue Buildings – Counting Crows
25. Be Mine – David Gray
26. Lover, You Should’ve Come Over – Jeff Buckly
27. Amie – Damien Rice
28. Two Points for Honesty – Guster
29. Far Behind – Eddie Vedder
30. Angel – Dave Matthews Band

Comments

  1. Sooooo...you think you could make me a CD of this genius list??? Pretty Please?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hallelujah Indeed

One Year No Radio

Unplug